We are happy to administer medication to pupils during the course of the school day in line with the following guidelines:
- No medication will be administered without prior consultation with, and written permission from the parent or guardian. The medical form below will need to be completed.
- Medicines will only be administered by staff willing and suitably trained to do so and then only under the overall direction and responsibility of the Headteacher.
- Specific cultural and religious views on a pupil’s medical care will be respected but must be made known to the school in writing.
- When necessary a Personal Health Care Plan will be drawn up in consultation with the school, parents and medical professionals.
- A minimum amount of medication, required by the pupil, will be held in school to accommodate the needs of that pupil.
- Medication must be delivered to school by the parent or escort (not sent to school in the child’s bag) and given to the Headteacher (or designated person).
- Medicines brought into school should be clearly marked with the original dispensing label including:
- the name of the medicine
- the pupil’s name
- dosage (including method of administration and times)
- special storage requirements